In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(hecho) a (la) medida British(tailor) que confecciona ropa a (la) medida[ S ]bespoke tailor — trajes a medida
- With such sartorial concessions not available any longer, men of the new millennium need to refer to good bespoke tailors or salesmen retailers to find out how long the tie should hang.
- At 57, he has the same feel as one of the bespoke suits he used to sell - conservative and understated but with a quality that speaks for itself.
- The firm, one of the oldest manufacturers in York, was established 110 years ago, and has been building bespoke natural wood veneer furniture ever since, concentrating largely on the office market.
- A bespoke suit really does cover flaws perfectly.
- Its home-based design development will be expanded and sufficient printing capacity retained to concentrate on short print runs and bespoke orders from restoration projects.
- Individual customers would order a vehicle to suit their requirements - a bit like a bespoke suit.
- At that point, you may as well consider ordering a bespoke suit.
- A bespoke design can be the best solution if you have an awkward space or want to use unusual materials.
- The firm does not design bespoke software, but develops broadly based systems to which features can be added or removed as required.
- Tom, my bespoke English tailor friend, talks about the history of his 100-year-old cutting shears.
- There is such a shortage of bespoke tailors in Britain that shops based in London's exclusive Savile Row ask him to create suits at his factory for some of their most famous clients.
- The majority of his customers are either those looking for a bespoke suit or those with unusual measurements, who struggle to find something to fit.
- If your body shape varies from the ‘normal’ then a bespoke suit or two is certainly worth the investment.
- It takes a highly skilled bespoke craftsman 3-hours to paint a single, 6-metre long coachline
- It belongs to the new order of complex bespoke systems in which every structural and cladding component is unique.
- He recruits the services of a bespoke English tailor who has apparently made the leap from Saville Row to Panama to make suits for the rich and powerful.
- And let's say, not too long ago, you called up my bespoke Savile Row tailor friend and booked an appointment because you wanted a new suit.
- Unlike the bespoke tailor who will use the collar/sleeve as a guide to build the chest and the girth of the shirt, most online sites take an estimate.
- A latter-day dandy, he was renowned as much for his cut-glass vowels as for his Savile Row suits, bespoke shirts and handmade brogues.
- I passed bespoke tailors and furriers with 'liquidacion' painted across the windows, bored shop assistants watching children pick over the garbage outside.
- Gerard, a bespoke tailor with 52 years of experience in the trade, started chalking cloth again.
- Her husband of five years is a bespoke tailor with a client base stretching across Europe and North America.
- A bespoke suit will wear well and hold its cut for years.
- I am a forty-year maker of musical instruments, aircraft, sailboats, and I have always worked as a professional bespoke craftsman.
- Would it not be more original to have a suit made by a designer from home, or a bespoke tailor from your town?
- But surely he can't afford bespoke suits on the £25,000 a year he takes as the average skilled workers wage.
- I know this because I have my very own bespoke tailor - but not of the Savile Row variety.
- A bespoke suit, on the other hand, is made from scratch, and designed to your liking and specifications.
- Their son, also named Alexander, took over in 1974 and has seen the trade in bespoke suits decline ever since.
- Of course the situation is totally different for bespoke suits, where supply is limited by work capacity!
- The bespoke leather sofas were ordered and hand-made in Portugal.
- From idea to realization, as a bespoke craftsman boatbuilder I would be happy to take on your project.
- The desire here was not so much to wear a bespoke suit as to find out how much one costs.
- Although you can't order a bespoke unit, the design of the existing models is flexible.
- You may be interested in the blog of a bespoke tailor that appeared a little while back.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.