In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ayudante del electricista
- And now he's got a movie camera, casting director, best boy, and a cast of people more than willing to help him.
- It took five minutes for the names of all the actors, producers, editors, gaffers, grips, best boys, dialect coaches, wig makers and steelworkers to crawl by.
- Saw technician fiddling with electronic gear/asked if grip or electrician's best boy.
- In order to eat, they had to hang out with gaffers and best boys!
- They brought the best out of everyone on their staff, from the actors to the cinematographers to even the best boy (who makes a small cameo in one of the bar scenes).
- Some DV films are made with no soundman, no lighting expert and none of the other odd-jobbers (key grip, best boy, assistant gaffer) who show up in the closing credits of big productions.
- And not just extras, gaffers and best boys either; she's apparently done this to several of her costars.
- And I've served as his grip and best boy on three trips to New Hampshire for generally cold, snowy, and memorably enlightening liaisons between editorial writers and presidential candidates.
- I was forced to sit there, turtle's head straining against my pants as the names of the best boy, gaffer and second unit catering assistance rolled oh-so-slowly up the screen.
- The boom guy doesn't criticize the best boy; the assistant director doesn't call in sick.
- While hardly as obscure a job title as key grip or best boy, it's safe to say that most people wouldn't know exactly what being a director of photography involves.
- And he didn't say ‘It was in 1927 that the great man introduced me to a remarkable man called [insert name of actor, director, cameraman, lighting engineer, best boy, gaffer, boy who holds the gaffer tape]’.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.