In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1padrino masculinetestigo masculine
- One would surmise that Holmes would get suspicious by the fourth or fifth time he was asked to present a ring as the best man.
- One I have witnessed at two weddings involves the best man giving out keys to all the men before the reception.
- The best man and ushers could wear their own suits - not adding anything to the wedding bill.
- One evening as I awaited trial, my brother asked me to be the best man at his wedding.
- The film begins with Charles messing up being the best man at a wedding and then putting his foot in it at the reception.
- My best man at my wedding was my brother, but my other attendants were two groomsmaids.
- Maguire had swapped his armband for the best man role at a wedding.
- He is accompanied by three friends, one of whom lost his best man to cancer at the age of just 39.
- This one ended up being directed at comforting a friend who had been insulted by the best man and was in tears.
- The match coincided with his brother Stephen's wedding, at which John was supposed to be the best man.
- Most of the school turned out to the wedding and it was her brother that was the best man.
- Ross questions his decision to make Joey his best man when Joey loses the wedding ring.
- Every best man wants his golfing-drinking-belly-dancing extravaganza to be the most fun any stag has had.
- The best man or bridesmaid act as the team runner and make sure everything is okay heading into the big day.
- I hadn't seen my oldest friend since being best man at his wedding.
- I recently went dry while giving a best man's speech at my friend's wedding.
- Miles will be the best man at the wedding and has a wonderful gift in mind.
- At the rehearsal dinner give the best man the envelopes for all fees due at the wedding.
- Kayden had been the best man for Tyler at their wedding and had always been there for Tyler.
- They had been close and Harold had been his best man at his wedding in 1942, a year after joining the RAF.
amigo que acompaña al novio el día de la boda
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.