In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1let's take a look at the latest betting — veamos cómo están / van las apuestas
- The impact from the government's lottery is illegal individual betting on the last two or three digits of the first prize of the lottery.
- From the 1930s the states in turn legalised state lotteries and off-course betting on horse races, and introduced casinos for continuous gambling.
- There is heavier betting on one-day matches because they are result oriented.
- There was some spirited betting on the outcome to the sixth race with steady support for at least four of the runners.
- There is some interesting betting on Saturday's semi-finals.
- A U.S. Senate committee has approved legislation to halt all legal betting on college sports.
- The betting on the booze front is that zoning will eventually be put into place in Pattaya entertainment venues.
- The betting on the number is interesting to say the least.
- There was also substantial betting on the result of the photo finish.
- The firm is betting on what it calls the industry trend away from track-based betting toward home-based wagering.
- Many hedge funds - which are in effect sophisticated ways of betting on the markets - have had a tough 2004.
- The two main allegations concern race-fixing and free betting on the sport.
- How different is the betting on that game as opposed to the South Australian game?
- The Illinois Racing Board has temporarily has suspended all live and simulcasting betting on some multirace wagers, including pick four and pick six bets.
- In these games the showdown is preceded by one or more periods of betting on who has the best combination of cards.
- There was heavy betting on Cambridge, but the two crews collided, the race had to be restarted and Oxford won comfortably.
- The NBA wouldn't even allow Toronto to have a franchise unless legal betting on NBA games was abolished in the whole province of Ontario.
- Policy gambling (an illegal form of betting on daily numbers) similarly involved local syndicates.
- There also is a mode where players breed, own, and train race horses, and there is a wagering mode where players will participate in all forms of betting on horses.
- It was construed by others as a challenge to the institution of land markets understood as a lottery, a mode of betting on the results of future population growth.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.