In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1boleto de apuestas masculine
- His latest victims were betting shops in Hull and Grimsby, where he forged betting slips to win £40,785 in a week.
- On entering your local bookmakers, pick up a blank betting slip, normally located in holders or dispensers around the walls of the shop.
- The majority of footballers I have worked alongside would not be classed as heavy gamblers: most would need assistance to fill out a betting slip on Grand National day.
- Five men and four women, aged between 22 and 53, were arrested following the seizure of $3.24 million worth of betting slips, computers and bookmaking paraphernalia.
- Despite the sunny weather, gusts of wind whipped across the course for much of yesterday afternoon, sending betting slips belonging to luckless punters dancing across the paddock.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.