- A good natural fungicide can be made from whole milk, bicarb soda and canola oil.
- ‘Only a week ago,’ writes a Mr Smith, ‘I had great success using it on freshly spilt coffee on a carpet; sprinkling on some bicarb and vacuuming off solved the problem in minutes.’
- I use either eco-friendly household cleaning products or items I have in my kitchen cupboards such as vinegar, lemons, bicarb, olive oil and salt.
- Perhaps until recently certain areas had little access to mass produced yeast, which tends to require special storage, but had access to bicarb, which is more robust.
- If a recipe calls for plain flour and bicarb soda - then other ingredients in it are acid enough and adding SR flour will alter the proportions (buttermilk, honey, golden syrup, sour cream, yoghurt)
- We're out of ammonia and have had to move on to bicarb to wash up, which requires greater skill.
- In the kitchen, we arrange the empty beer bottle, some bicarb, and some citric acid.
- On this occasion, despite two hours’ cooking (with bicarb, salt added at the end), the chickpeas had remained stubbornly crunchy.
- Gently add the flour, to which you have added the bicarb, alternately spoon by spoon, with the boiling water until you have a smooth and fairly liquid batter.
- In another bowls combine 1 cup sour buttermilk, 1 teaspoon bicarb soda, 1 teaspoon vanilla and a pinch of salt.
- Pip uses bicarb soda mixed with dishwashing detergent for pots in the kitchen.
- In a bowl combine 2 cups plain flour, 1 teaspoon bicarb soda, 1 teaspoon ground ginger, a teaspoon each nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Similarly, bicarb is actually good for scrubbing the bath…
- After about a week, the odor is gone and it doesn't seem to be necessary to keep using the bicarb.
- Soda water is essentially water with some added bicarb of soda and perhaps salt.