In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- When given from the brachial trunk, the radial recurrent has been found crossing beneath the tendon of the biceps.
- Once thawed, the proximal two-thirds of the radii were harvested along with their distal biceps tendon attachments.
- An instance of the origin of the long tendon of the biceps from the tendon of pectoralis major is described by Koster.
- The triceps is a forearm extensor, the opposite of the biceps.
- The articular surfaces and biceps tendon attachment were found to be normal.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.