In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He wears bifocal glasses with gold rims and a black-faced watch.
- Soft lenses for daily wear have a very short adaptation period and are available in various tints and bifocal designs.
- Bifocal contact lenses, like bifocal glasses, provide distance and close-up correction on each contact.
- Without bifocal vision, he lacked depth perception and couldn't tell how far ahead of him horses were.
- Most people can't see a crisp 20/20 at near or far distances with our current generation of bifocal contact lenses.
- The teacher was a cheery middle-aged woman with black hair and rather thick bifocal glasses.
- There is no one ‘best’ soft bifocal contact lens.
- Two developments, bifocal lenses and better spectacle frames, helped move optometry from a vendor trade toward a recognized profession by making fitting and selecting eyeglasses more complicated.
- Accommodative effort and retinal blur can be minimised by bifocal glasses, which change the focal point for near work.
- The multiple vision lenses include bifocal lenses for near and distant vision.
- Three different designs for bifocal contact lenses exist: simultaneous, concentric and alternating vision.
- Alternatively, some people use varifocal or bifocal lenses in order to see objects clearly that are both close up and far away.
- A friend told us this company was going to revolutionise bifocal contact lenses.
- Bifocal contact lenses to correct distance and reading vision, so that the obvious bifocal glasses with their ageing implications could be avoided, have not proved successful.
- But they also have a bifocal segment in the lower quadrant of the lens that lets us find the correction needed to bring the front sight into focus.
- People with bifocal glasses are especially prone to neck aches because they may have to tilt their heads back to see things up close.
- Bifocal lenses with separate fields for near and far vision, working in much the same way as bifocal spectacles, have been available since the early 1990s, but these still provide optimal vision only at two fixed distances.
- Back home, he made one more great contribution to human felicity: bifocal glasses.
- Therefore, a bifocal relay mirror effectively puts the laser source at the mirror.
- This restricted the movement of her head which reduced her ability to use her bifocal glasses.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.