In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It took $200 million to make, so really their goal right now is to bring in big-ticket sales and have a big opening weekend.
- Finally, the big-ticket endorsements for President Bush are coming in.
- But aside from these big-ticket items, much of the ‘another world is possible’ view remains murky.
- It was the only painting stolen from the PMA that day and wasn't necessarily a big-ticket item.
- The idea is to use Linux to not only sell expensive computers but also high-margin software and big-ticket support and consulting services.
- Rather than play Russian roulette with big-ticket movies, financial backers have begun to place smaller bets, putting their money in more modest projects.
- The report identifies that much work needs to be done, funding needs to be improved, and that the council consider partnerships with sponsors for big-ticket events.
- Some early-birds even went for the straight to the big-ticket items on sale, such as flat-screen TVs and computers.
- Retail sales remain relatively strong, particularly for big-ticket items like cars.
- Most of the major issues are on big-ticket items such as K - 12 education reform, job training and health funding.
- Dinner tickets are $2,500 each, and tables were the big-ticket item at $25,000 each.
- Some analysts wonder whether the feds might eventually ration big-ticket expenses.
- Taking precautionary measures can help you keep your car running smoothly and save on big-ticket expenses down the line.
- So far, the big-ticket speeches at the Republican convention have dealt almost exclusively with foreign policy and the war on terrorism.
- … With Hardaway gone, PF Anthony Mason is the next big-ticket decision for the Heat.
- The big-ticket item, and the part that will generate the biggest cost overruns, is the Capitol Hill / U-District tunnel.
- In the four years that Ann and Slate have been producing the list, it has become the definitive index of big-ticket American philanthropy.
- Those items will likely include other big-ticket purchases, such as airplanes and major appliances, Roth says.
- So it is a big-ticket item for us if we're going to eliminate the fear and be successful over the next 100 days with all the attacks against Americans.
- The statements also force government bodies to note costs to maintain or replace big-ticket items such as vehicles, computers and buildings.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.