In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1gobierno intervencionista masculine
- I'm opposed to big government and would like to see some sort of co-op system.
- The hostility of libertarians to big government extended to U.S. involvement in the world.
- What all of them could agree on, however, was the vital importance of big government.
- To them, public-spiritedness and unity of purpose are the soil from which big government springs.
- It's a good idea to limit the size of the welfare state, but big government is inevitable in modern society.
- But we don't need big government intruding on the sidelines of our God-given football games.
- Americans don't trust big government and are reluctant to pay for it.
- Government members believe in big government and they believe in control.
- We are as suspicious of big business as we are of big government.
- Local government will always want more big government spending in their area, more infrastructure, more resources.
- Nothing is the one thing that big government is capable of doing quite well.
- If you support tax cuts and big government, there's no one left to vote against you.
- Big government in practice proved less attractive than big government in prospect.
- However, we must correct these popular fallacies in order to properly address the ills that stem from intervention by big government.
- Smith is against big government and bureaucracy, as he believes many open shop workers are.
- They applaud big government and, indeed, they acknowledge that.
- The regret is that this bill represents a regime of big government, State intrusion, compliance costs, and regulation.
- If so, we may be halfway toward the next popular uprising against big government.
- Doing so would cast some much needed doubt on the stereotype that progressives love big government.
- Sources in the PR industry claim big government projects are more lucrative than giving direct advice to ministers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.