In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1intolerante masculinefanático masculinefanática feminine
- One inflammatory bumper sticker alleges the religious right are bigots, among other things.
- But calling someone a racist or a bigot says that his ideas have no place in the democratic public square.
- He's an unrepentant bigot, plus an idiot who knows nothing about football.
- Should we condemn a generation of older people as bigots and racists purely because they use the language of their day?
- He's tackled terrorists and serial killers, racists and bigots, pimps and dealers and gangsters.
- Certainly I'm not comfortable giving my name and address to homophobic right-wing bigots.
- Racists, bigots and cranks should be free to say what they like because society is composed of people who have the ability to make up their own minds.
- They are incorrigibly racist, uncultured bigots, workaholics, crude and gross.
- If the Lords was convinced it was no longer necessary, it seems to me only a homophobic bigot would keep going on about it.
- Religious believers, bigots in particular, struggle with a logical problem.
- So yeah, I'm homophobic and I could be mistaken for being a racist bigot too.
- Unfortunately, political correctness just means that racists and bigots have to be more subtle.
- At least before the new lingo was adopted by all, it was easier to identify the bigots and sexists in a room.
- He's out to put religious bigots in the same moral and legal bracket as racists.
- It did not emerge, fully formed, from the Scottish parliament under pressure from religious bigots.
- Are these the words of the racists, the bigots, the ignorant, the xenophobes or the just plain stupid?
- We are thick and ignorant just as we are fair and enlightened and a relative proportion of us are bigots and racists.
- Such acts are committed by racists and bigots who were racist and bigoted long before July 7th.
- I'd be branded a heartless bigot, racist and drummed out of office in about 1 day.
- Justice and decency were the very things the religious bigots of all denominations hated and feared most, as they still do today.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.