In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(bicycle)bici feminine informalon your bike! — ¡vete a freír espárragos!
- To save money, they might leave their bikes in those glorified cycle racks in front of the main stands.
- It was followed by a bike change, as his gears had been damaged, and a second chase.
- After the ride we did another wash and loaded the bikes and we were soon off to Trenton.
- His best freebie has been a mountain bike and a bike rack for his car.
- He was a keen motorcyclist who had been riding bikes since the age of 16.
- We are real people who are doing a job just like anyone else; we just get paid to ride our bikes.
- Fast moving and reckless, these drivers can be found on cars, bikes and bicycles.
- The same logic says that it's smarter to buy a bike from a bike shop than from Canadian Tire or Zellers.
- It's like taking your hands off the handle bars of a bike while you're cycling.
- It means visually impaired people in Grimsby will have the chance to go out on a tandem bike with a sighted cyclist.
- This child cannot rollerskate, play sports or ride bikes because the normal activity of children causes chronic sores.
- Some people prefer adaptive bikes because they look more like normal bikes and are less expensive.
- To mountain bike is not to own a mountain bike and cycle along cycle paths, but to own a bike and cycle around mountains.
- The more conventional novelties included the first ever Blue Peter board game and mini BMX bikes that can be ridden with your fingers.
- Cyclists shave grams off their bikes as though they're preparing to launch them to Mars.
- He said despite the one game agreement he told the meeting there had been occasions where it had been used four times a week and that children had been riding bikes across it.
- You can also hire bikes and cycle round the island taking in the breathtaking views of Arran on the way.
- There is also a fun ride where the citizens of Hamburg can ride their bikes around a set course in the city streets.
- Fundraisers can get on their bikes for sponsored cycle rides through the grounds of Longleat.
- It's no secret that eBay has become one of the hottest spots on the Internet to buy and sell used bikes and bike gear.
- Typical models include mounts for two bikes, but additional mounts can be purchased separately.
- The local bike shops have been unable to fix it and don't seem to have any solid advice.
- As September approached, the girls began to talk about riding their bikes to school.
1informalir en bici informal
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.