In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1billar masculineto play billiards — jugar al billar
- But in professional carom, unlike in billiards, the cue ball has to hit three cushions during the shot.
- For two players like us, dinner on the docks was plenty incentive to strive for pocket billiards excellence.
- Joseph Thompson memorial billiards - this memorial billiards tournament will commence very soon and will be played in the O'Brien hall, Borris-in-Ossory.
- The sports complex will have facilities for indoor games including badminton, billiards, and table tennis.
- An appropriate metaphor might be a game of billiards or snooker, events in the three kingdoms so many balls bouncing off one another and occasionally falling into pockets.
- The battalion chapel and a game room with billiards and ping-pong tables were also located in the DFAC building.
- The game of pocket billiards has a unique way of making us all equal.
- Lovers of the game feel that billiards and snooker will die a slow death in India as long as the games remain unknown to the common man.
- A game / billiards room on the first floor opens out onto a patio with a hot tub.
- First it was indoor swimming pools, then came indoor tennis, of course the huge influx of indoor sports like snooker, billiards, table tennis became hot favourites.
- It was a masculine room, with a billiards table in the center.
- But, it is his approach on the table - be it snooker or billiards - that makes him stand out.
- It is not enough to reach the summit of pocket billiards excellence.
- Quality of hit is vital to pocket billiards excellence.
- Separate areas hold the pocket billiards and indoor shuffleboard tables.
- If you are playing in tournaments, or heading for the play offs in your league, you will want to have a grasp of the four strokes of pocket billiards.
- You begin your pocket billiards journey with the end in mind.
- Whoever designed the game cleverly ensured it was more economical on space in pubs and clubs than ordinary billiards and pool tables because players strike from one end of the table so there is no need to walk around the table at all.
- I wrote the book about the inner game of pocket billiards because I have a lot of experience with the self-defeating elements that destroy an otherwise fine game.
- To me, my growth in pocket billiards is the ‘word’.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.