In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Every single member of the board is married with children, something which is specified in their bios - like a qualification.
- Before I give brief bios of Robert and Mike, I thought I'd include some of the comments from readers on the Borden / Pearson showdown.
- But… well, she's either read my books wrong, or she was so busy trying to translate my bio into a series of how-to tips that she never read them at all.
- Other special features include a brief biography of profiler Pat Brown, as well as cast bios that seem directly lifted from the Season One release.
- The first two bios in the series are available: Bo Diddley here, Chuck Berry here.
- Also included are a filmmaker bio, a bio for Van Gogh, and a catalog of other discs from Docurama.
- Clinton's bio, as I read it - and I'm about 300 pages in - is a new kind of bio, a Boomer bio of an American President.
- There are 10 ‘Fighter Profiles’: text bios of actors appearing in the compiled scenes.
- The bios say she is 5ft 6in, but she seems much taller, her athletic figure - or perhaps her forceful personality - lending her extra height.
- These days he's mostly an editor of anthologies, and I have spent too long driving him mad by forgetting to sign contracts or write amusing bios and anecdotes for him, for his books.
- It's not a biography (although a brief bio of Powell is included).
- I also have several bios / profiles from some of the writers.
- The only extras are cast and crew biographies, and even for cast/crew bios, are pretty skimpy.
- He also whips out some familiar tricks, like introducing a string of characters by rewinding their individual bios in two-minute flashback montages as Tautou narrates.
- If you want to know more about them, check out their official website, where you can see pictures, read bios, leave messages on their BBS and read their blog.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.