In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Specifically, I'm a biologist with a strong background in biochemistry, materials science and bioinformatics.
- It is therefore timely for a volume on Plant hormone biochemistry and molecular biology to be published.
- On the contrary, at the very beginning of what was to become the science of biochemistry, Shelley foresaw how potent a tool it would be in the hands of scientists.
- To achieve this aim it draws on biology, biochemistry, engineering, mathematics and computer science.
- This does not mean, however, that chemistry, biochemistry or atomic physics are in some way giving us a false picture of reality.
- The science of biochemistry, nowadays regarded as one of the fundamental pillars upon which the study of medicine rests, is something of a newcomer.
- The most modern chemical industries are those concerned with biochemistry, microbiology, and particularly pharmaceutical research.
- Interdisciplinary sciences such as biochemistry and social psychology would also have to be included.
- Doctors have to know loads about biochemistry and the chemical reactions going on in your body.
- From supplement biochemistry and exercise science, to pure bodybuilding knowledge, Sean talks the talk and walks the walk.
- The field of environmental chemistry calls on organic chemistry, biochemistry and a heck of a lot of biology.
- The key thing to remember is that biochemistry is the chemistry of the living world.
- But it's a big long step from organic chemistry to biochemistry.
- Those fields were molecular biology and glycoprotein chemistry and biochemistry.
- NMR has become one of the most prized tools in organic chemistry and biochemistry.
- His main research interest is the molecular biology and biochemistry of the organism that causes African sleeping sickness.
- In the fall, Juliet plans to study biochemistry, molecular biology, and environmental science.
- Understanding the thermodynamic and structural basis of protein folding is one of the key issues in current research in biochemistry.
- Compared with traditional high school chemistry courses, ChemCom students learn more organic and biochemistry.
- Of these, at least 130 programs offer degree options such as biochemistry or chemical education.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.