In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Also, flowers and other biodegradable materials may be used for mulching by spreading them on the top soil around plants and trees.
- The vegetable wax is biodegradable, and no synthetic fragrances are added to the essential oils.
- It's a sign that biodegradable plastics appeal to both the eco-conscious and penny-pinchers.
- He'll be going down on a bike, but he's going to be followed by a bus, and the bus is run on biodegradable fuel and solar power and there's a greenhouse on this bus.
- The biodegradable paper cups introduced two years ago in place of plastic cups are however very much in use.
- When they can't find a producer to meet their standards, they produce their own, as they do with organic milk and biodegradable soap.
- And what happened to the fashion fad for biodegradable packaging?
- The team fashioned the biodegradable plastic into disposable flatware and plates that break down when composted.
- Each house in the village now has kitchen gardens sustained by biodegradable substances such as vegetable wastes.
- The highly effective, biodegradable stuff smells so fresh that it just might refine your sense of clean for good.
- Products made out of biodegradable materials like sisal and areca spathes were also on show at the Town Hall.
- Since most pesticides are not biodegradable, once they enter the food chain they persist in plant or animal bodies.
- Some photodegradable and biodegradable plastics are already in use in agriculture, according to Tyler.
- Among the offences detected were household waste being passed off as recyclables, and the presence of biodegradable matter which gave rise to odours.
- The Wheelie Washer cleans both domestic and commercial bins using biodegradable detergent, and recycles the water it uses.
- The biodegradable substances his team has been working on would serve as a scaffold for a cell, he said.
- You can also modify the type of oil that plants are producing by introducing a single gene so the plants make a very useful lubricant or something like a biodegradable plastic.
- If the consumer is involved in purchasing recyclable products, using biodegradable ingredients, points are added.
- The material is biodegradable, yet the results achieved are relatively long-lasting.
- At last, a biodegradable food packaging that's cheap enough to compete with conventional plastic.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.