In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Is the destruction of animal habitats and the natural high levels of biodiversity worth it?
- Australia, like all countries on earth is defined by its biodiversity.
- To discover the patterns of biodiversity, information on biodiversity has to be collected.
- A symposium on plant biology and biodiversity in changing environment was also organised.
- The event has been organised to raise funds to improve the wildlife habitat and biodiversity of the River Lune.
- Valuing a loss of biodiversity is more difficult because markets for its preservation are either missing or incomplete.
- The region is known for its rich plant biodiversity which is a unique source of novel molecules.
- We must work to increase and protect biodiversity on all levels, in our backyards as well as our bioregions.
- The area is identified as an important hotspot of biodiversity and management of the protected area.
- The net effect of slashing and burning on biodiversity is difficult to evaluate.
- And lots of times the areas are of a great deal of significance for biodiversity.
- So how significant are cloud forests in terms of biodiversity.
- A description of one of the prime threats to wild plant biodiversity in the UK.
- To detect changes in biodiversity there has to be a way to measure it.
- And what was the impact in each case on biodiversity and wildlife in the fields.
- So they would have to buy the right to develop by conserving or restoring areas for biodiversity in other places.
- It's natural decline in the habitat that's supported that kind of biodiversity.
- Their reports help shape the legislation that help preserve biodiversity.
- After only six months, crop production, biodiversity, soil fertility and soil quality all improved.
- Will the water and soils and biodiversity cope with this level of forestry?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.