In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Combining mathematics, physics and robotics with human physiology, this is the first book that describes all levels of human biodynamics, from musculo-skeletal mechanics to the higher brain functions.
- French dancer and choreographer Kitsou Dubois is part of a unique science-art collaboration, which in seeking to understand the intricacies of human biodynamics in outer space is creating a new art form: Zero-G Dancing.
- However, Rayor suspects that for webs with radial symmetry, the answer is a matter of biodynamics.
- This course is for Ph.D. candidates only and is designed as an advanced reading course in an area of human biodynamics related to performance in healthy individuals.
- Understanding these biodynamics-why the wirewalker doesn't fall-requires a grasp of the constant fluctuations and fine tunings which maintain balance in the complex, fluid system of human locomotion.
- As well as the wines themselves he did an excellent job of covering the history of the region, the domaine itself and biodynamics.
- ‘Whether it's biodynamics or all that attention, something enhances the flavor, the health of the fruit,’ says New York City - based master of wine Mary Ewing-Mulligan.
- I knew from Michael that the second kind of spirituality involved a way of farming called biodynamics.
- To point out yet another contrast between organic and biodynamics, most of the technical manipulations mentioned above would be completely in accordance with organic requirements.
- Rudolf Steiner introduced the principles of biodynamics in the 1920s in his book Spiritual Foundations for the Renewal of Agriculture.
- Sowing seed, cultivating, and harvesting according to cosmic rhythms is one aspect of biodynamics that fascinates most people.
- At Benziger vineyards, the goal of biodynamics is to produce wines with a sense of place.
- Eventually, he tells me, he'd like to involve biodynamics more comprehensively on the farm, and ‘get the community more opened up to the idea.’
- In biodynamics, we are using the energetical world and reconnecting that to the vine.
- As Cullen says, biodynamics is more of a philosophy than an agricultural system.
- Although biodynamics is a holistic practice and in some sense, a way of life, ‘going biodynamic’ is possible for any gardener.’
- They talk about biodynamics as a holistic system of agriculture that views a farm as a living individual within the larger framework of the living earth and universe.
- Despite sounding like a rather macho washing powder, biodynamics actually represents a form of extreme organic farming.
- Organic and biodynamics win hands down if its natural.
- And he knows a hell of a lot more about biodynamics than he lets on.
- The two met on a biodynamic farming course at Emerson College in East Sussex, England, and grew together in their view of biodynamics as the most sophisticated, mature version of organic agriculture.
- He credits horticulturist Alan York with introducing him to an environmentally responsible land-management system called biodynamics, which is winning acceptance among winemakers and home gardeners alike.
- Some arrive well-versed in the teachings of Rudolf Steiner, having attended Waldorf schools or worked in a Camphill community; others come with experience in organic farming but with no real knowledge of biodynamics.
- At Bonterra, Fetzer's organic label and entrepreneurial ‘test shop,’ Dolan is testing a special subset of organic farming called biodynamics.
- He talked about farming and biodynamics while shifting the baby from arm to arm and inspecting our baskets of small green leaves.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.