In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The technique could have implications for studying cell and developmental biology.
- In this way he provides a theoretical framework for the volume and shows connections to other fields of study also, such as biology and chemistry.
- Gina was a really interesting person - studying biology and chemistry to go to Med School and then join the Army to travel the world.
- Many fields in biology have progressed by the concentrated study of a select group of model systems.
- His father told him to study something useful, so he studied chemistry and biology.
- The numbers studying chemistry and biology, meanwhile, have been enjoying a steady rise.
- At the other end of the spectrum, organismal biology and ecology are making a modest comeback.
- In the rest of this chapter we first look at the history of embryology - as the study of developmental biology has been called for most of its existence.
- Another, newer field, called systems biology or systems biomedicine, is emerging.
- It has applications outside of the realm of biology, in fields like genetic algorithms and economics.
- She is currently taking a year off from Sofia University, where she studied biology and genetics.
- She is now hoping to study maths, chemistry, biology, physics and history.
- Most, but by no means all, are recent graduates in a medicine - related subject such as biology, anatomy or physiology.
- The emphasis is on horticultural aspects of reproductive biology and pollination ecology.
- He managed to walk away with seven O-levels and started studying A-level biology, physics and chemistry.
- This was especially so in the fields of geology, biology, botany and organic chemistry.
- The team has also carried out basic studies in parasite biology to study new molecules.
- An A level student at Sheldon School, Edward is studying biology, physics, chemistry and maths.
- My high school assignments included physical science, biology, and chemistry.
- Lucy will be taking A-level examinations in maths, chemistry, biology and geography this year.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.