In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The company also sources and sells biomass wood fuels from other producers.
- At each time point, total biomass and chlorophyll contents of seven individual plants were quantified.
- I estimated colony size from the volume of the nest mound, which increases with total ant biomass.
- Coal and biomass fuels are used for household cooking and heating by almost 3 billion people worldwide
- Solar, wind, geothermal, and biomass all show great potential as sources of electricity.
- Total biomass was also increased relative to controls by the end of the experiment.
- In contrast, later formed leaves remained smaller and total leaf biomass remained substantially reduced in the mutants.
- The authors also presented data on total root system biomass; shoot growth was not assayed.
- He covered solar energy, wind energy, biomass and biogas, geothermal activity and thermal power.
- Domestic biomass fuel combustion and chronic bronchitis in two rural Bolivian villages.
- AES Drax is also seeking approval to test a plant-based biomass fuel, milled palm nut.
- The company now exports biomass fuel to the Netherlands and Britain for power production and the home heating market.
- By summing the total biomass of all classes, we get the total biomass estimate for each district.
- The minister recently visited a cluster of three sites at Crymych which are fuelled by biomass wood pellet boilers.
- At intervals, plants were harvested for biomass and leaf area analysis according to Nogués et al..
- We therefore tracked plant growth using leaf height as a surrogate for aboveground dry weight biomass.
- Total plant biomass was calculated as the sum of the two.
- He also sees huge potential for biomass fired electricity in the West of Ireland.
- Total biomass of resident birds was always higher than that of wintering birds at Tinaja Verde.
- Both the real and the virtual plants responded to removal of branches by producing a taller plant bearing larger leaves, but less total biomass.
- Nuclear power could free up more fossil and biomass fuels to use as liquid fuel for ground transportation.
- The curves were added together and are shown in the right panels; the data points are the total above-ground biomass.
- However, it has increased the grain yield potential and thereby the ratio of grain mass to total above-ground biomass or harvest index.
- Biomass composition as a percentage of total biomass for three stages of development in Dionaea.
- Contaminants are subsequently removed by harvesting the above-ground shoot biomass for volume reduction and storage.
- They are used instead for animal feed and increasingly for biomass fuel, such as ethanol.
- Total stem biomass was measured after drying the plant material in an oven at 70°C until constant weight.
- Daytime food abundance was expressed as total dry biomass of insects collected per day.
- Harvest index was measured as the ratio between root weight and total biomass.
- He said the company was in discussions with a major hotel chain about installing biomass generators in their properties around Scotland.
- Reproductive allocation is usually measured as the ratio between seed and total biomass.
- The use of biomass electrical generation is hardly the environmental boon it's made out to be.
- There are more efficient ways to tap into the sun's energy via biomass fuels.
- In total, burning this biomass will not add to the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere.
- Faced with patented technology that no one wants to eat, biotech companies are now discussing growing GM crops for biomass fuel.
- Lichens thus dominate the Antarctic flora both in terms of species diversity and in terms of total biomass.
- The proposal has the added bonus of reducing greenhouse gas emissions through the use of biomass to generate electricity.
- Farmers are being offered millions of pounds worth of grants in an effort to boost production of biomass to meet renewable energy targets.
- But some of it may be revegetated for biomass production for shrubs and trees to make biomass fuels out of possibly.
- People will be encouraged to consume alternative power generated from biomass.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.