In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The assistance of a biomechanist or a coach well-educated in biomechanics could be important in this phase of the swimmer's preparation.
- These typically develop specialist skills in one of three sports science disciplines: biomechanics, physiology and psychology.
- He was chosen because of his international reputation of applying the science discipline of biomechanics to elite sports performance.
- Until next time, think about how the science of biomechanics can help eliminate some gray areas in our quest for improving performance.
- He is a former swimming champion with a degree in engineering and training in biomechanics, biochemistry, fluid mechanics and sports physiology.
- But his jog from computer science to biomechanics, while at the University of Oregon, set him in the right direction for a promising career.
- Approximately 80 students attend each year, and become educated in biomechanics, anatomy, and work on the forge.
- British osteopaths now presented themselves as complementary practitioners specializing in biomechanics and the manipulation of the musculo-skeletal system.
- Sports Science will be active in all of the camps, assisting in areas such as nutrition, psychology, biomechanics and physiology.
- Yet museums are also places where complex matters such as systematics, biomechanics, and crystallography are investigated.
- Each chapter is, in fact, a hidden lesson in physiology, biomechanics and environmental chemistry.
- Both had ball skills that pushed the laws of physics and biomechanics to the limit.
- Of the subjects she takes at the Institute she prefers physiology, anatomy and biomechanics - wanting perhaps to know all about how her body works in gymnastics.
- Contacting a trainer who has indepth knowledge of muscle mechanics, anatomy and biomechanics will put you on the right path.
- The recipient projects include everything from biomechanics to genetic research, mathematical theories to computational finance.
- Currently, he is an associate professor, specializing in biomechanics.
- As an expert in biomechanics, his appointment brings the Caribbean up to speed with most other leading cricket nations, all of whom have embraced the scientific aspect of the game in recent years.
- Learn about the history of science and engineering underlying biomechanics and clinical movement analysis methods.
- In biomechanics, movements are defined by the start, middle and end positions.
- Now sports science has lots of branches to it these days, from physiology to biomechanics, dietetics to psychology.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.