In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- After blood tests and a biopsy, Coeliac disease was confirmed and he was told to give up gluten.
- While awaiting an appointment for the result of the biopsies, the patient discovered she was pregnant.
- Clearly blood tests, radiography, biopsies, and other technology based evaluations qualify.
- Surgical biopsies of paraffin-embedded lung tissue, if available, were reviewed by a lung pathologist.
- In these cases, mistakes frequently are made during examination of endoscopic biopsies.
- The blandness of the spindle cells was so impressive as to dissuade us from a malignant diagnosis on preoperative biopsies.
- Ultrasound examination and core biopsies confirm the diagnosis.
- In addition, later biopsies may show disease progression or regression.
- Microscopic examination of the gastric biopsies revealed the presence of cellular infiltrate in the mucosa and submucosa.
- An alternative approach is cryopreservation of slices or biopsies of ovarian tissue, which contain many thousands of immature oocytes.
- We examined only cervical biopsies in this study, and the results obtained may not be generalizable to other biopsy types.
- Colonoscopy is preferable to a barium enema because it allows for the biopsy and removal of lesions.
- Despite this second assessment, there were still no subtle features of coeliac disease on the initial biopsy.
- For example, invasive procedures such as needle biopsies are guided by ultrasound images.
- The patient would probably benefit from doing transbronchial biopsies with the lavage if that is the prime consideration.
- Finally, all women underwent thorough colposcopic examination, including directed biopsies.
- It is still unknown to what extent bronchial biopsies capture pathology at this more peripheral location.
- Furthermore, endoscopic biopsies may not be sufficient to make the diagnosis, often requiring a surgical resection.
- A tentative diagnosis of rabies was made on a biopsy and confirmed at autopsy.
- Among the available follow-up surgical biopsies, no malignant diagnoses were made.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.