In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Among the available follow-up surgical biopsies, no malignant diagnoses were made.
- An alternative approach is cryopreservation of slices or biopsies of ovarian tissue, which contain many thousands of immature oocytes.
- It is still unknown to what extent bronchial biopsies capture pathology at this more peripheral location.
- Microscopic examination of the gastric biopsies revealed the presence of cellular infiltrate in the mucosa and submucosa.
- Ultrasound examination and core biopsies confirm the diagnosis.
- We examined only cervical biopsies in this study, and the results obtained may not be generalizable to other biopsy types.
- Despite this second assessment, there were still no subtle features of coeliac disease on the initial biopsy.
- The blandness of the spindle cells was so impressive as to dissuade us from a malignant diagnosis on preoperative biopsies.
- The patient would probably benefit from doing transbronchial biopsies with the lavage if that is the prime consideration.
- Furthermore, endoscopic biopsies may not be sufficient to make the diagnosis, often requiring a surgical resection.
- In addition, later biopsies may show disease progression or regression.
- After blood tests and a biopsy, Coeliac disease was confirmed and he was told to give up gluten.
- A tentative diagnosis of rabies was made on a biopsy and confirmed at autopsy.
- In these cases, mistakes frequently are made during examination of endoscopic biopsies.
- Colonoscopy is preferable to a barium enema because it allows for the biopsy and removal of lesions.
- Finally, all women underwent thorough colposcopic examination, including directed biopsies.
- Clearly blood tests, radiography, biopsies, and other technology based evaluations qualify.
- Surgical biopsies of paraffin-embedded lung tissue, if available, were reviewed by a lung pathologist.
- For example, invasive procedures such as needle biopsies are guided by ultrasound images.
- While awaiting an appointment for the result of the biopsies, the patient discovered she was pregnant.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.