In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Her travelling sounds guaranteed to pitch even the sturdiest biorhythms into complete chaos.
- In victims of SAD, winter's increased darkness seems to upset the delicate balance of biorhythms and brain chemicals that regulate everything from hunger and libido to body temperature and sleep.
- Studies indicate that light regulation and control of biorhythms are functionally interrelated and possibly have a common evolutionary origin.
- This is a shame as the two chanteuse are highly compatible in all three primary biorhythm cycles.
- The idea is that each person's unique biorhythms, inner shifts and moods can be balanced by using plant extracts, medicinal foods and therapies suited to each internal season.
- In the afternoon, your biorhythms take up arms against you.
- We're moving to a twenty-five hour clock here, apparently, the better to suit both the human biorhythm and the metricised time-keeping systems.
- The pineal gland is thought to be involved in the maintenance of daily and seasonal biorhythms as well as in the timing of reproduction.
- In this, you're entertained right along with your current state of biorhythms, which is frenzied.
- Scientists designed software that can adjust for each pilot's nerve patterns, which can be affected by caffeine use, biorhythms, performance stress and the amount of fat under the skin.
- Jet lag occurs, I learned, because changes in time zones confuse our internal body clock or our ‘circadian rhythms’; profound biorhythms which date back to Stone Age man.
- Then, because of age, injury, fatigue, biorhythms or some other NBA circumstance, things always seem to change for them.
- Maybe my biorhythms are particularly well suited to the West Coast.
- A balanced and relaxed state after a period of stress and hard work sets a biorhythm that keeps your energy levels in top gear today.
- The magnetic energy of our planet is responsible for the natural biorhythms of life.
- Now, researchers say they have found a connection between diet and biorhythm that supports the theory.
- It is suggested that herbal medicine might be effective for abnormal biorhythm because of the amounts of melatonin found in the crude drugs and Kampo medicines.
- Yet, it is increasingly common for people to override basic biorhythms and ignore the biological signals for sleep.
- When compared to men, the biorhythms alter frequently in women.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.