- Mirm will serve as a single base of operations for the university's leading scientists and clinical faculty working to develop tissue engineering, cellular therapies, biosurgery, and artificial and biohybrid organ devices.
- Other biopharmaceutical products include vaccines for the prevention of diseases, and biosurgery products like fibrin sealant and others used in hemostasis and wound-sealing in surgery.
- Biosurgery using larvae such as maggots for treatment of difficult wounds is now becoming an established discipline in the management of difficult wounds.
- Anyone who thinks maggots are only good for anglers' bait will be able to find out about the ‘biosurgery’ the creatures can perform.
- In maggot debridement therapy (also known as maggot therapy, larva therapy, larval therapy, biodebridement or biosurgery), disinfected fly larvae are applied to the wound within special dressings.