In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The biotic diversity of the grasslands has historically supported a diverse assemblage of species.
- Aquatic ecologists have emphasized the role of biotic interactions on body size distributions.
- Numerous interacting abiotic and biotic factors have profound effects on nest sites and incubating females.
- These improvised sacred symbols place the trees and the entire local biotic community at the center of the sacral yearning that has brought us here.
- The organism or biotic factor is essentially vegetation and is the summation of the plant matter reaching the soil.
- Living organisms function in the context of the abiotic and biotic worlds.
- Adequate measures were taken to protect the plants from biotic and abiotic stresses that may influence lignin biosynthesis.
- Was survival of the various clades through various biotic crises just a matter of luck?
- The effectiveness of exclusion through pore size is relatively easy to demonstrate for biotic pollinators by direct observation.
- Development of models of intraspecific body size variation incorporating abiotic and biotic factors would be useful.
- Certain types of ecosystems and biotic communities, such as tropical rain forests and wetlands, might completely disappear.
- Manipulative experiments have provided some key insights into the abiotic and biotic forces influencing community structure.
- The approach is from the community level, highlighting physical and biotic interactions at varying spatial scales.
- His study of the deep environmental history of the continent is complemented by his study of the physiology of biotic communities.
- And how have we put our particular gifts to use in our biotic community here on planet Earth?
- In addition to their role in plant defence, both genes are involved in the plant response to the environment and their expression is regulated by biotic and abiotic agents.
- There is little evidence of equilibrium in many natural systems, the environment is always changing and abiotic and biotic evolution is part of that change.
- The focus of the meeting was to examine crosstalk induced by both biotic and abiotic stresses, and in response to essential natural environmental variables such as light.
- The ultimate expression of the code is dependent on the specific biotic and abiotic environment in which cells and organs find themselves as they develop and grow.
- Finally, lawn chemical companies build on and reinforce the sense of lawn management as a bridge to the biotic, nonhuman, natural world.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.