In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1guerra biológica femininebioguerra feminine
- Chapter five, which deals with the spectre of bioterrorism and biowarfare, prognosticates with frightening plausibility on the worst, largely unregulated modern evil.
- I'm going to give you three steps we need to do to prepare this nation better for bioterrorism or biowarfare.
- Last year the United States, alone among the nations of the world, rejected the Kyoto global warming accords, a plan for an international criminal court of justice, and a treaty strengthening protections against biowarfare.
- Back in 2003 David L. Englin, a US military officer, made a strong case for universal health insurance on national security grounds, especially as a defense against biowarfare.
- Additional work must go toward defense against pathogens and toxins developed as weapons of terrorism and biowarfare…
- In addition to the thinktank, Mr Bush called for a government centre that would focus on weapons of mass destruction and prevent the trafficking of biowarfare.
- The major threat of biowarfare was described by Dr Edmiston.
- Untoward events, natural or deliberate, such as those due to terrorism or biowarfare may appear simultaneously in multiple locations.
- Stores of smallpox, however, are kept in a few places around the world and could be used in biowarfare.
- They confiscated scientific apparatus, computers, and research books whose subjects reportedly included bioterrorism, biowarfare, and correspondence.'
- It purportedly screens for pathogens involved in disease or biowarfare.
- Safeguards are needed to ensure fulfillment of that trust, in particular, to ensure that science is not used in bioterrorism or biowarfare.
- The New York team's work, published yesterday in the online version of the journal Science, alarmed polio specialists, but also prompted concerns that other viruses more suitable for biowarfare, such as smallpox, could be synthesised.
- Awareness of the threat of microbial spread has increased because biowarfare has challenged our mind-set and made us realize that we no longer can take our safety for granted.
- It's a tremendously important academic and scientific institution that grew out of the ashes of America's offensive biowarfare program.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.