In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1de dos partidos
- Is that the way you want to start off the kind of bipartisan cooperation you have been talking about?
- On the one hand, National is telling business audiences that New Zealand has a bipartisan trade policy.
- Does the Prime Minister recall promising that he would always extend the bipartisan hand on this policy?
- Charter school legislation easily passed through both state houses with bipartisan support.
- If we are going to pursue a bipartisan policy let's be willing also to accept some shortcomings on our part.
- I think it is a great pity that we have moved away from a bipartisan agreement that gave New Zealand the best accounts in the world.
- Trade policy has been a notable and bipartisan success of postwar American foreign policy.
- The disclosure has led to a bipartisan call for a congressional investigation.
- The bipartisan character of the response of the two major parties is not an accident.
- This legislation underscores the bipartisan agreement between Labor and the government.
- As Dr Brash said, that is a matter of bipartisan agreement in this House.
- A bipartisan War Party is in control of Congress, and the media has been toeing its line.
- Yet the House has just approved it, on a virtual party line vote, ending the recent spirit of bipartisan cooperation in Congress.
- In domestic, as well as foreign policy, there is bipartisan agreement between the major parties.
- The calls for a unity government or a bipartisan approach come from conflicting directions.
- Named the USA Patriot Act, the bill passed with overwhelming bipartisan support.
- The comments underscore Labor's bipartisan support on foreign policy as on every other issue.
- There was bipartisan agreement on the committee to hold an inquiry into hate speech.
- I add that Canada also eschews bipartisan democracy in favor of a number of well-known parties and a handful of lesser known ones.
- Each of the three counties involved will have its own bipartisan recounting committee.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.