In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(remark) malicioso(remark) insidioso(remark) de mala leche Spain informalyou're so bitchy! — ¡qué malo / malvado eres!
- she was really bitchy about her friend — habló pestes de su amiga
- And and, I love the way you continue being bitchy and real, even when people shoot you down.
- This movie has it all - the dorky sidekick, bitchy cheerleaders and an amiable working class.
- They are greedy too, and ask for extra mints, so I have become bitchy and tell them they don't deserve mints.
- I had a rehearsal and band meeting and was quite pushy and critical (maybe a bit too bitchy towards Ian).
- Funny thing, I wasn't all that bitchy or bitter in that conversation, compared to others.
- Most of the women I like are capable of great feats of bitchy behaviour.
- Get set for the most miserable, petty, bitchy and nasty few weeks you've ever experienced.
- Kim's ears were almost on fire as she heard the vicious, bitchy whispers around her.
- I'm so bitter and bitchy, I can't even be bothered to pun on that last sentence.
- This is a bitchy business but he never had a nasty word to say about anyone.
- Most of all, he learns that women reckon he's cute but self-satisfied, and we learn that women are bitchy and neurotic.
- If you do want to judge someone else, then just do it and be a bitch about it because judging others is kind of bitchy.
- I didn't know whether to make a bitchy remark about the large bruise on his forehead.
- I'm also not surprised that Uncle Phil was always so bitchy, if the first thing he had to do when Will arrived was pay for a nearly two day cab ride.
- And most of the time there is genuine cooperation between the sectors, albeit with a lot of bitchy backbiting.
- I don't want to sound bitchy; there's nothing wrong with her at all, but she is very seventeen.
- I'd rather stay my cynical, sarcastic, socially retarded, bitchy, liberal and satirist self.
- A series of bitchy comments sent poor George into a massive sulk and he posted a message to say why he would be closing the forum.
- Having been surrounded by females my entire life I know a lot more catty bitchy violent women than I do men.
- However, the sentences she chooses show her to be a shallow, bitchy snob.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.