In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tamaño bocadoen taquitos Spain
- Slice squid into bite-size pieces, then blanch in boiling water.
- Allow to cool slightly, then cut vegetables crosswise into bite-sized pieces and place in large serving bowl.
- Unless otherwise noted, afternoon tea features three to four tea sandwiches, one or two scones and about three bite-size dessert pastries per person.
- The design of the combined fork and knife makes it possible to cut bite-sized pieces of most foods with the use of only one hand.
- Snip the cooked bacon into bite-size pieces and add to the salad.
- It was a matriciana sauce with cream and bacon and went well with gnocchi (mini bite-size potato dumplings).
- Cut vegetables in to bite-sized pieces and include a little container with a yogurt or salsa dip.
- I just love the texture and lightness of tempura batter and was delighted our prawns also came with a few bite-size servings of tempura vegetables.
- Another area offers a variety of noodles too numerous to name and another offers dim sum, several bite-sized desserts and fruit, including mangosteens with the tops cut off.
- The head can be sliced into bite-sized pieces for fondue or shish kebab.
- Not sure how many calories are in a few bite-sized biscuits, I hoped they would fuel me far enough to find my luggage and my long, lost friends.
- Slice the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces.
- She passed the bag around and we dug our hands in, pulling out handfuls of bite-sized chocolate chip cookies.
- Serve with fresh vegetables or bite-size slices of pita bread.
- There were about half-a-dozen other starters on offer, with the bite-size mushroom pakoras and onion bhajis being especially nice and not too greasy.
- Generally long, thin pasta is designed for a fine sauce and small, bite-sized pasta is for a heavier, chunky sauce.
- The hot, soft brie came in bite-size bread crumb parcels set on a bed of crispy lettuce.
- Cut turkey into even, bite-sized pieces; slice courgettes and corn into thick slices, and remove calyx from tomatoes.
- The female usually feeds the chicks by tearing the food into bite-sized pieces.
- Arabian food includes a lot of spiced lamb and rice, seafood such as tuna and hammour, Lebanese-style mezes, bite-size snacks called falafels, made from chickpeas, and shwarma, a lamb or chicken wrap.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.