1(de las grandes ciudades estadounidenses) inglés de la población negra masculine
- I have just been reading the thoroughly sensible things that she says about black English and standard English.
- I must agree with the verdict that the black English terms HIP, DIG, and JIVE are not borrowings from an African language.
- These children come to school with a rich set of collective experiences and a particular, well-developed dialect - black English.
- ‘I remember he wrote an article in The New York Times in 1979 asking ‘If black English isn't a language, tell me what it is.’
- Like the black English which Kai Ting adopts, symbols of Jewish identity become part of his vocabulary and a reference point for describing his own Chinese identity.