In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1viuda negra feminine
- They casually remarked one morning that they'd seen a black widow spider in the tub and washed it down the drain.
- The agency advises anyone who comes into contact with a black widow against touching the spider or its web.
- A deadly black widow spider crawled into a shipping crate in the United States and ended its journey some 5,000 miles away in mid-Essex.
- It's the female black widow spider that is venomous and displays a menacing red dot on her abdomen.
- First off I had a dream about a spider, a black widow that was the size of a grapefruit that would follow me around like a puppy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.