In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pizarra feminineencerado masculine datedpizarrón masculine Latin Americatablero masculine Colombia
- You touched on a very emotive issue in the country, which is the horrible crime situation, and mentioned about gunshots going off while the teachers are at the blackboards.
- The teacher had almost seen it that time as he turned around to write something on the dry erase board, that had long time ago replaced the blackboards.
- Sheldon lopes to one end of the blackboard, raises his chalk and, with a quick flourish, draws a circle.
- The walls were covered in blackboards with chalk markings that seemed to be in a language of numbers.
- He held your attention in the classroom and walked you through a multitude of chemical structures with only the chalk on the blackboards as his multimedia.
- Sanctions hit the economy and schools were left short of basic supplies such as chalk and blackboards, and poverty forced many children out of education.
- Cleaning blackboards for my teachers had always been… well, for me, at least… an easy way to bump my grades from Bs to As.
- She did not, as I had hoped, lead us through the routines in slow motion, with the aid of diagrams chalked up on a blackboard.
- It spelt the end of students sitting in rows, facing the teacher and the blackboard.
- The teacher was staring at her, tapping his miniature piece of chalk on the blackboard.
- George on the camera is a genius and Frank on sound could make a chalk scratch on a blackboard sound like music.
- Although the Government has approved a €15 million project to provide broadband internet access in all schools, teachers said this was like providing chalk without blackboards.
- The other was incredulous, and kept underlining his solution on the blackboard with heavy chalk lines.
- As a way of reminding and motivating students, you can see chalked on blackboards in most classrooms, countdowns of the days to the examination and some encouraging words.
- We will ensure that the backdrops in your scenes - the writing on the blackboards, the equipment in the labs - look realistic; that your universities look like universities and your academics act like academics.
- Check the blackboards on the walls for the menu du jour, which typically lists the soup of the day and a couple of pasta dishes.
- I counted more than 20 dishes chalked up on the blackboard and was pleasantly surprised with what was on offer.
- The only resource in the classroom was a teacher and a blackboard.
- The classrooms were large with windows that climbed toward the high ceilings and we had the basic ingredients to get something done: desks, books, blackboards, and chalk.
- She puts down in her notebook whatever the teacher writes on the blackboard.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.