In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- First, without counting, blackjack is a negative expectation game and solid citizens are bound to lose in the long run.
- We had already squandered much of the gambling kitty playing blackjack, poker and baccarat before trying the dice.
- Customers can keep tabs on games they're interested in while still playing blackjack or shooting craps.
- If they succeed at this, blackjack will become as unpopular as American roulette.
- I had a fine night afterwards though - everyone buying me drinks, then on to the casino for a little blackjack.
- It generates revenues by hosting online backgammon, gin rummy and blackjack, as well as staging golf, darts and pool games.
- The aim of blackjack is to draw cards totalling as close to 21 but not exceeding 21.
- Some purists will insist that blackjack and poker are two entirely different games.
- The ban on house-banked blackjack does not apply to player-banked blackjack.
- He's a successful businessman who told me he had lost hundreds of thousands of dollars playing blackjack.
- I am reminded of the MIT group that managed to win millions at casinos by counting cards in blackjack.
- Between live poker and blackjack, I spend about 1000 hours per year at the gambling tables.
- The site offers slots, roulette and animated card games including poker and blackjack.
- James sat down at one of the gaming tables and the dealer immediately dealt him the two cards for blackjack.
- Of all the above table games, only blackjack requires skill to play correctly and reduce the house edge as low as possible.
- These were some cherished moments when my dad took the time to teach us every card game in the book, like all-fours, poker and blackjack.
- In a game such as blackjack, an astute player can try to memorize the cards already played to have a better chance of predicting which cards will come up later.
- These men attended and enjoyed spectator sports, bet on prize fights and wrestling matches, and gambled at poker, blackjack, and dice.
- Gala is gambling that blackjack and slots will compete with sharking and alcopops on the night-out menu.
- Casino games include a large selection of the newest slot and video machines, as well as roulette, blackjack and craps.
- Firehoses were turned on and soon three thousand picketers, thugs, and police rumbled in the streets with clubs, blackjacks, wrenches, chains, and tear gas.
- Johnigan folded in half over the keyboard, giving Al the chance to bang him hard on the back of the head with a lead-weighted blackjack.
- The other man slammed what looked like a blackjack against the sagging head, striking just behind the right ear.
- I didn't even feel the blackjack as it clobbered me on the back of the head.
- Sure, he's got a dagger to fight 1-on-1, but he's better off just cracking the back of someone's head with a blackjack.
- Maybe that's why I didn't see the guy sneaking up on me with the blackjack.
- By the time the miserable news hit the Millers like a blackjack on Sept. 24, the damage had been done and was irreversible.
- What he didn't feel was the blackjack hitting him from behind.
- Bats, clubs, sticks, blackjacks, Brazilian fighting rods, rocks, and Japanese club sticks are just a few of the more favored tools used in beating people to a pulp.
- I saw in her hand the blackjack that had moments ago made a profound impression upon my skull.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.