In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1punto de festón masculine
- There's a short list of embroidery stitch correspondances (e.g. blanket stitch = binding).
- Finally, they will use the blanket stitch all around the edges to keep the burlap from unraveling.
- You are now ready to start hand stitching the blanket stitch around the blankets.
- Continuous loops of yarn are linked together in rows, using a stitch similar to that of the blanket stitch.
- Remember that approximately 1 1/2 inches will be lost on each edge when the blanket stitch is completed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.