In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A strict control of blasphemy and bad language was maintained.
- Is a culture that's gone so far away from the substance of Christianity really able to discern what is blasphemy?
- He became notorious in England for drunkenness, blasphemy, and lechery, and for having abandoned his wife and child.
- A child from a Christian home can be put in an embarrassing situation if asked to read aloud a passage including swear words and blasphemy.
- The novel was publicly burned (for its manifest blasphemy) at Oxford by William Sewell.
- He was prosecuted several times for obscenity and blasphemy.
- He told people he was the Son of God when he knew that, in saying so, people would either think him insane or accuse him of blasphemy.
- Can an author with reason complain that he is cramped and shackled if he is not at liberty to publish blasphemy, bawdry, or sedition?
- The devout Catholic was drunk and began to pour forth appalling blasphemies.
- Just the other day, I heard the worst blasphemy come from that woman's mouth.
- Playwrights came under heavy attack for frivolity, blasphemy, and immorality.
- Many aspects of the film did not work for me, which is almost blasphemy when talking about such a classic.
- How shall this blasphemy be punished?
- Paul's blasphemy was unintended, and he repented when he recognized the truth.
- Questioning God is the ultimate blasphemy.
- He's gone from an evangelical upbringing to religious blasphemy.
- Other teachers and students were horrified at this blasphemy.
- Idols are worshipped by various religions, while idolatry is blasphemy to others.
- Before I elaborate on his numerous and profane blasphemies, perhaps an introduction to the professor would be helpful.
- How stating such obvious facts could constitute blasphemy was not entirely clear.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.