1alto horno masculine
- It was extremely hot, like standing in front of a blast furnace at a steel works.
- The traditional method for extracting pure iron from its ore is to heat the ore in a blast furnace with limestone and coke.
- The explosion occurred when molten iron leaked from a blast furnace.
- The roasting process uses oxygen in a blast furnace to convert the metal sulfide into the metal or the metal oxide plus sulfur dioxide.
- At last it was now possible to use the gas, which was produced by the blast furnace in gigantic quantities in the process of smelting iron, to drive engines.