1parlotear informalwhat are you blathering (on) about? — ¿qué tonterías dices? informal
1tonterías femininechorradas feminine Spain informalstop your blather, will you? — ¿quieres dejarte de decir tonterías? informal
- That dried-up worthless twit once again obscures the real point with blather.
- The blather from both sides obscures the real, but largely hidden, agenda behind the tax cuts.
- Why not drop in daily for your regular dose of nonsensical blather, rambling introspection and stolen links?
- Most of it is uninspired blather - and usually wrong.
- Come on, let's hear some more of your childish blather.
- It's clear that for all his blather, he thought that he was taking a most un-courageous stand.
- Now, I've a great deal of respect for him, but clearly this is blather of the first order.
- So I'm not inclined to edit tonight's blather for clarity.
- I am not one for sentimental blather.
- This kind of blather, meaningless but essentially harmless, suggests that he might be perfectly suited to make the leap from show business to politics.
- There will also be the usual blather about healing wounds and moving on, but such false consolation will ring especially hollow this time around.
- Ironically, given all the contemporary blather about ethics, it's much easier for today's ethically challenged reporter to thrive.
- The article itself is the usual nonsensical blather about creating housing projects along ideological lines.
- While these changes seem like legalese blather, they actually represent a significant change in policy.
- Real thinking should prevail, not liberal blather.
- I think that between the heat and her blather, I might well have been physically sick if I'd had to attend.
- Just when we think we can't possibly bear any more, we're forced to endure another round of empty blather about how committed people are to improving this city.
- Now, I've no specific objection to one's needy compulsion to share mundane personal blather but, for myself, I find it pointless and distracting.
- Maybe the channel is having a hard time recruiting talking heads or something but I'm hearing an awful lot of this kind of bizarre blather lately.
- Is that just blather, or is it a reasonable comment?