In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(happiness)dicha femininefelicidad absoluta femininemarital bliss — felicidad conyugal feminine
- he's in a state of bliss — está en la gloria
- what bliss to take these shoes off! — ¡qué gustazo quitarme estos zapatos!
- By working less and staying at home more, I believed naively that my husband would come home to domestic bliss and a happy marriage would ensue.
- Domesticity is chic and desirable, and domestic bliss is what millions of women hanker for.
- Then she got married, got a cat and put her feet up in domestic bliss.
- It's just that domestic bliss is not necessarily their first priority in life and many can wait for most of a lifetime without feeling any loss.
- It's a scene of almost domestic bliss, it's joyous in some ways; it's familiar and heartwarming.
- The cat was regarded as an essential element in scenes of domestic bliss and happiness.
- Opiates flood you with dopamine, causing high levels of bliss.
- I can live my life in perfect bliss knowing all too well that nothing I ever do will make any difference in this beautiful universe.
- As if the last entry wasn't enough, here's another tale of domestic bliss.
- Before settling into domestic bliss his enjoyment at times meant that his training suffered.
- It is preternaturally quiet, as in one of those movies in which scenes of domestic bliss are a harbinger of something truly horrible.
- So, it is possible to combine domestic bliss and socialising!
- We laughed of the laughter that only lovers know, the laughter of joy, contentment and relief, the laughter of pure bliss and happiness.
- Years of bottled up emotions spilled out in one brief moment of perfect bliss.
- Some sighed contentedly at the sight of such bliss, the perfect pairing of two people who loved each other.
- Now those dreams of domestic bliss will shortly become reality.
- He was not a man by all accounts to have enjoyed domestic bliss.
- I recently asked a married couple who are friends of mine if they planned to have children now that they have settled into a life of domestic bliss.
- Domestic bliss, not that it ever accurately described our family life, was definitely a thing of the past.
- By then, my mother had already settled down to the life of domestic bliss and traditional values that feminism had rebelled against.
- With half-closed eyes he is immersed in meditation, in divine bliss.
- He supplicates before Lord Shiva for a boon of spiritual bliss.
- On the spiritual plane it is revealed in the experience of eternal bliss.
- You may call it transcendental bliss, purified intuition that enables one to see the Supreme as one's own Self.
- One alternative offers eternal bliss, the other, eternal damnation.
- It is only in the lap of the Himalayas that he found real peace, spiritual bliss and intellectual enlightenment.
- Although he wasn't in a habit, he had a beaming smile that suggested a state of spiritual bliss.
- Those who are not in this category are deprived of such comfort and bliss.
- The teachings are telling us that if we see it this way, we will experience great wisdom and great bliss.
- We may have to go through many ‘lives’ before we achieve heavenly bliss.
- I'm sure that the promise of sheer bliss in the afterlife appeased some people's fears.
- Bringing others to a better spiritual bliss is important and beautiful.
- This gives them a mystical identification with the entirety, and deep forms of bliss.
- He possesses a spiritual body composed of eternality, knowledge and bliss.
- Concentration on the self, quelling the passions, and becoming calm are the hallmarks of this path, the goal of which is bliss.
- They experience spiritual bliss and divine glory according to their individual spiritual capacities.
- The man who would conquer his contradictory feelings, would reach bliss in the afterlife.
- The Torah teaches us that there is an eternal life, a wholly spiritual life, whose bliss is far greater than the human mind can imagine.
- But, drawn out of her spiritual bliss and feeling trapped, she quickly turns the tables.
- This feeling of being loved and supported by the Universe in general and by certain recognizable spirits in particular is bliss.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.