In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculine éxito de taquillamasculine bestsellermasculine superventas
- This film delivers blockbuster action, but its blistering pace leaves the story as soulless as the monsters that inhabit it.
- She's rich and successful, a best-selling novelist whose devoted fans have made her books and movies commercial blockbusters.
- Consequently, in a new millennium that has been dominated by Hollywood blockbusters and British rom-coms, many film buffs have been looking abroad for their cinematic kicks.
- I have done a whole body of work - classy blockbusters, completely commercial films and art movies.
- Not only is she one of America's most respected space scientists, she was also the model for the heroine of a blockbuster Hollywood film.
- But more importantly, the festival lets you take a break from those big Hollywood blockbuster films.
- With its amazing array of talents and personalities, this film could serve as a sort of template for the later star-laden blockbuster disaster films.
- You were restricted only to the blockbuster films in a small town.
- It's really easy to write a mainstream pop song, a bestselling novel, a blockbuster film…
- They elect presidents and make films into blockbusters and books into bestsellers.
- The big production houses are mostly putting their money on the blockbuster category of films with a big star cast that promise money.
- The story of your relationship could be a blockbuster film or a Shakespeare play.
- Big blockbuster films tend to creak under their own weight and the momentum of them, for an actor, sometimes just gets in the way.
- By the time a blockbuster film shows itself in the multiplex there are so many column inches, trailers, TV specials and web-sites about it that you feel you have already seen the film.
- Films - especially blockbusters - have always done a great job of reflecting current American sentiment.
- We need a convincing experience - like a blockbuster Hollywood film can deliver, when we get sucked into a great 2-hour film.
- Did you dub it in Hindi with an intention of getting into blockbuster films in Bollywood?
- Maybe you're not going to film a blockbuster movie after you lose weight, but, you know, you could treat yourself to a massage.
- For example, the contemporary American cinema tends to position teenagers at the center of audiences for blockbuster films.
- Do you prefer blockbusters or smaller films?
2(bomb)bomba de demolición feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.