In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1blog masculinebitácora electrónica femininebitácora de Internet feminineweblog masculine
- I'm talking about a tightly woven group of citizens united by web cams, blogs, pod casts and instant messages.
- At the root of this problem is the confusion between the blog tool and the blog content.
- Teen bloggers can, in fact, limit access to their blogs to selected friends on their instant messaging buddy list.
- Thousands of individuals took to their computers to discuss the issues on their own Internet web pages, or blogs as they are known.
- I'm not really in the mood to write blogs, read blogs, or make comments.
- A blog, or web log to give the term its full name, is basically a journal available for other people to read on the web.
- Consumers are starting to use weblogs, or blogs, as guides to what they should and shouldn't buy, finds a survey.
- Web logs or blogs are everywhere, with at least an estimated five million on the web and that number is set to grow.
- Most blog software imbues the end result with a blog format purely by virtue of its use.
- What the book is, in fact, is the printed version of a blog, before blogs were invented.
- I'm still surprised by the amount of people in the media who don't know what a weblog or a blog is.
- As blogs are relatively new and interesting, they did a large-scale marketing campaign.
- So far as I can make out, the only people who read blogs are other bloggers.
- I'm not sure if having separate boxes for blogs and blog comments is really working?
- Do people get the distinction between journalism blogs and blogs as personal diary?
- This audience has gradually become better known to me through their own blogs, comments, webpages and emails.
- Insider blogs - employee blogs, sanctioned but not controlled by the company they work for.
- Weblogs, or blogs for short, are a cross between a diary, a web site, and an online community.
- It is known as blogging and results in bizarre websites called blogs.
- The connections have caused a firestorm of speculation on Internet blogs and in chat rooms.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.