In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(child/hair) rubio(hair/child) güero Mexico(hair/child) mono Colombia(hair/child) catire Venezuela(wood) claro
- It managed to compliment her pale skin and golden blond hair.
- Which I don't really need to do anyway, thanks to Father's blond genes.
- She swept her blonde hair into her pale yellow shower cap and got under the steamy water.
- Her pale blonde hair fell down her back, in a straight fall.
- With its blue-eyed, blonde haired leads, does the film cast a slight Aryan look?
- She had pale blonde hair pulled into a bun and large hazel eyes.
- He had the same pale face and white blonde hair that he had.
- I mean, it's bad enough the media portrays that we should be blonde, blue-eyed and skinny.
- She had pale, ashy blonde hair, of frail build with fair skin and sky blue eyes.
- His blue eyes narrowed as his high-planed face hardened, and even his bleached blond hair seemed to bristle.
- Of course I was a blue-eyed blonde baby.
- I was expecting a very large old woman with a stick and bleached blond hair.
- Her long blonde hair was so pale that it was nearly silver.
- Besides she is blond, and that's my colouring too.
- You've taught me a lot about the harmony of colours and I can see that I'm blonde.
- When she finally found her seat (it was in the front row), a pale girl with long blonde hair looked up and nodded at her.
- He had soft blonde hair and fair, freckled skin.
- They slashed at his legs and horse, and Julius plunged his sword into the nearest man, a beast covered in blond fur.
- Isabella's cheeks heightened in color, but the blond man did not take any notice.
- Cora was a short and unnaturally skinny pale girl with silvery blonde hair and cerulean blue eyes.
- With her bleach blond hair and pale skin, she looks like a reincarnate of Marilyn Monroe in army boots.
- Ford dug his hands into the blond fur around its neck to hold on.
- He had light yellow eyes and long blond hair tied back as well.
- He was about six feet tall with wavy blonde hair and fair skin.
- Her eyes are a beautiful dark blue that stand out against her pale skin and blonde hair.
- The blonde man was thrown backwards of his horse; dark coloured steed that refused to panic in the following chaos.
- His pale, blond hair stuck out unkemptly, almost looking silvery under the dim light.
- Oh, he had Sean's coloring, being blond and grey-eyed, but his face was a little rougher around the edges.
- They are tiny, maybe a year old, and both have fair blonde hair and pale skin.
1rubio masculinerubia femininegüero masculine Mexicogüera feminine Mexicomono masculine Colombiamona feminine Colombiacatire masculine Venezuela
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.