In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1dopaje sanguíneo masculine
- Michael then described the methods of illegal performance enhancement: drugs and blood doping.
- Throughout my career I always dealt with the knowledge that there was blood doping going on.
- If you look at the example I gave about blood doping, that promotes similar kinds of concerns.
- A section on ‘prohibited techniques’ covers such items as blood doping and physical manipulation to alter test results.
- According to the scientists, Australia has now thrown away the opportunity to be the global centre of blood doping research, with the backing of the international pharmaceutical industry.
- When he was accused of blood doping, he said he took reindeer milk.
- Using oxygen in high-altitude mountaineering is like blood doping in cycling.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.