In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Medicinegrupo sanguíneo masculinewhat blood group are you? — ¿qué grupo sanguíneo tiene?
- I'm blood group AB positive/negative — tengo el grupo sanguíneo AB positivo/negativo
- So her blood group and HIV status remained unknown.
- Recently, we received a call at the blood bank asking us to send donors of a rare blood group to a corporate hospital in Chennai.
- Preliminary test of a sample of his blood revealed, to his relief, his blood group matched with that of the girl.
- A woman was on her cell phone and was looking for a person whose blood group was B +. My blood group is B +, so I approached her.
- The Rhesus factor is part of your blood group: everyone is either positive or negative.
- He claims the hospital was more concerned about protecting its reputation than trying to find suitable donor organs from a compatible blood group.
- ABO blood group determines much of the enzyme activity in the tissue (brush-border) of the intestine.
- With your agreement, the blood you donate will be tested to find out your blood group and screen for any infection.
- Blood cells have certain antigens, like the blood group and the Rhesus factor.
- A database of their blood group will be prepared.
- Since my blood group, A-negative, is a rare group, my friend would call me occasionally to help somebody.
- Unless someone new comes along soon, and probably someone who has the same blood group, I hate to think what will happen to my brother.
- Uncross-matched blood means the patient's blood group was not determined in advance of a transfusion.
- His papers tell me his blood group is B +, the same as mine.
- There is a mini polyclinic where students performing various tests that include blood pressure and blood group.
- A blood stain matching his blood group was discovered on a chair while a fingerprint was found on broken glass.
- I was dialysing four times a day and had been told that due to my blood group and tissue type, I was unlikely to obtain a transplant.
- The donor (the person the healthy liver comes from) must have the same blood group as the recipient and should ideally be under 50 years of age.
- Doctors make sure the blood group and tissue are compatible before the operation to establish the likelihood of success, as well as screening for transmittable diseases.
- One of the common questions that doctors get asked, after any patient has had a blood test, is ‘What was my blood group?’
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.