In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vaso sanguíneo masculineto burst a blood vessel
- she nearly burst a blood vessel when he told her — casi le dio un ataque cuando se enteró
- it's enough to make you burst a blood vessel — es como para que a uno le dé un ataque
- However, with any head injury there is a chance that a blood vessel in the brain could have been damaged.
- Usually the sample is taken out of a blood vessel in your arm.
- When a blood vessel breaks, platelets gather in the area and help seal off the leak.
- A catheter is a thin, hollow, flexible tube that is gently pushed through the blood vessel towards the coronary arteries.
- This is the blood vessel that bypasses a baby's lungs before birth.
- Very occasionally the clot moves to the lungs and blocks a blood vessel, which is a medical emergency.
- Did the bullet penetrate both lungs and exit without striking a major blood vessel in the lung tissue?
- It can be used to close off a blood vessel or remove small growths.
- Grypps' knuckles were turning white, and he could feel a blood vessel in his forehead pulsing.
- As with any injection, the physician should first aspirate to ensure that the needle is not in a blood vessel.
- As a result, the surgeon decided to dilate the narrowed blood vessel using balloon inflation.
- An ultrasound device then measured how well the blood vessel responded to the sudden increase in flow.
- The bleeding may occur externally via a wound or an injured blood vessel near the surface, as in a nosebleed.
- I could tell she was on the edge… if she didn't calm down she could burst a blood vessel!
- But when a clot forms in or above the knee, there is a risk that it will break away and travel up the vein to block a blood vessel in the lung.
- But blood is only supposed to clot when it is outside a blood vessel.
- He was stabbed three times, suffering a fatal wound to the aorta, the major blood vessel from the heart.
- In these cases, it is possible for air to be introduced directly to a blood vessel from outside the body.
- His eyes had focused on her throat, sharp vision detecting a blood vessel under the delicate skin.
- Each blood vessel must be closed and reattached to the new area in a process that's meant to last six hours.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.