In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(plant)it's a spring bloomer — (es una planta que) florece / da flores en primavera
- But if you see a new scape rising at the base of a blooming plant, the plant is a repeat bloomer.
- An old classic June bloomer in cooler areas, ‘Lord of June’ tall bearded iris, may open in April or May in the South.
- To encourage growth and additional flushes of flowers, feed repeat bloomers with a complete fertilizer.
- Purchase this type of shrub rose, and you'll have a recurrent bloomer that will flower profusely several times a year.
- The white bird may flower anytime but tends to be more of a winter bloomer.
- This early summer bloomer native to Tibet is like no other.
- Evening bloomers, daylily cultivars that flower in the evening and remain open until the following day, also are available.
- From now through mid-March, deciduous trees show off their elegant forms, primroses are in flower, and winter bloomers such as witch hazel and sarcococca are perfuming the air.
- Prune spring bloomers in early summer, right after they finish flowering.
- The flat, strappy foliage of the exotic night bloomer contrasts texturally with a bed companion, the enormous, finely cut fronds of an Australian tree fern.
- They are found throughout the Northern Hemisphere from the Arctic to the Tropics and, as a group, tend to be early bloomers that put out masses of flowers that turn into masses of hips (good bird food).
- An early season bloomer, about 18-inches tall, its subtle fragrance has been described as elegant, sweet, and tartly fruity.
- A few will describe certain plants as continuous bloomers, but even these usually have a period of peak bloom.
- This repeat bloomer also can be trained into intricate shapes.
- When blossoms of early bloomers wither, she removes them by hand, leaving areas of green leaves between the remaining areas of color.
- Or you can stagger the bloom time by planting mid- and late-season bloomers together, creating a spring display that blooms in succession, for a whole season of color!
- Rather than planting everything that blooms at the same time in close proximity, distribute the groups of early-, mid-, and late-season bloomers around the garden.
- Most of the small Dahlias are early and profuse bloomers, starting to flower in July and continuing right through till frost.
- Lightly prune midseason bloomers in late winter or early spring.
- The following list is by no means exhaustive, but will give you ideas for some early bloomers that are good bets for producing flowers in late winter and early spring.
1(mistake)metedura de pata femininemetida de pata feminine Latin Americato make a bloomer — meter la pata informal dated
- He has made some bloomers in his time, from the failed bid for American General to his company's attempts to ratchet up his pay just as policyholders' bonuses were going in the other direction.
- Recently our bickering politicians committed a bloomer.
- About 45 minutes later, he committed his bloomer, and there is no doubt in my mind that the champion jockey made the elementary mistake of thinking that he had the race won aboard the second - favourite.
- But the government has its pride; it is yet to admit that it had committed a bloomer which needs to be rectified posthaste.
- To doubt this fact is to commit a bloomer.
- I had visions of running over to the fresh bread counter, ripping the crust off a large bloomer and burying my face in the soft, warm expanse of white loaf.
- More crumb less crust, we use artisan baguette dough, baked as a pointy bloomer, and top with poppy seeds.
- These include Cottage Loaves, Rye bread, Multi-seed, the classic Bloomer as well as finger rolls, torpedoes and much more.
pan con cortes transversales
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.