In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(skin) lleno de manchas(painting/writing) emborronado(writing/painting) borroneado
- Signs to look out for in babies or infants include a high-pitched moaning or whimpering cry, a blank, staring expression and pale, blotchy complexion.
- One of the medics, a woman, sat with a woman whose face was reddened and blotchy from crying.
- He smiled, watching Ferik's skin redden and become blotchy from the rain.
- Her voice had risen to a shriek, and her usually beautiful face was red, blotchy, and streaked with tears.
- Failure to do so will cause an uneven blotchy appearance on your teak furniture after you apply the sealant.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.