In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Without a second thought, I pulled on the white blouse and buttoned up my jeans.
- Men wear a shirt over their batik, while women wear close-fitting blouses with tight sleeves over theirs.
- She buttoned up the blouse and slid the cardigan on over it.
- Underneath her jacket she wore and off white silk button up blouse shirt that buttoned down just low enough to make my heart race.
- They don't stare at me in awkward silence when a button pops open on the upper part of my blouse.
- Hang as many items as you can on clothes hangers, beginning with the obvious things like dresses, dress shirts and blouses and hang the hangers on a clothes rod to dry.
- Christine undid the top three buttons of her blouse, pulling her collar back to reveal the nape of her neck, and looked at Bill expectantly.
- I then unbuttoned my sleeve buttons to the blouse and let that drop to the floor.
- She then grabbed up the usual garments she always wore on the weekends, her white blouse with no sleeves and the red mini skirt.
- She was dressed in a pale yellow blouse with a large collar and long sleeves buttoned at the wrists, and tight dark brown slacks.
- An asymmetrical blouse, a drop-shoulder blouse with bat sleeves and a long skirt with an uneven border were among those displayed.
- In the context of an interview with mainstream corporate America, it's best to cover your tattoos and piercings with long-sleeved shirts, blouses, collars, and such.
- I wear khakis or black pants and pastel-colored long sleeve blouses.
- She threw herself on her bed and ripped her shoes off, pulling her black pants on over her jeans and trying to button her black blouse with one hand.
- Both men's and women's traditional costumes include a decorative broach used to fasten shirts and blouses.
- Raise your arm slightly, see if you can pull your shirt or blouse sleeve away from the underarm to let in a little air.
- In the north, the sleeves of the blouse are wide, with lace embroidery along the edges.
- She touches the sleeve of my blouse and her hand lingers there for a moment, as if what she really wants is to play the material between her fingers.
- She rolled up the sleeves to the blouse and blazer to just below her elbows.
- Cap sleeves and a smock blouse look great with a waistcoat and teamed with a loose, lightweight scarf.
2(man's uniform jacket)guerrera feminine
- When shooting, a student sets up, usually laying his battle dress uniform blouse in the dirt, with his rucksack in front of him.
- Their uniform included a huge floppy beret, a short blouse, and putties.
- The comparatively new uniform features jacket and blouse, and a trilby-style hat.
- Holly just smirked and slashed the blouse of the soldier's uniform and laughed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.