- They use blowguns and darts dipped in a type of poison called curare, which instantly paralyzes an animal.
- Dutch interest in monopolizing spice production in the East Indies led them to wage war against the Macassarese, whose weaponry included blowguns that shot poison-tipped darts.
- With instinctual ease, he snatched up his blowgun, loaded it with a dart and shot forth one of the poison-tipped projectiles.
- They also craft blowguns and spears for hunting game.
- But there was something odd about the way that first fellow held his hand when he headed over your way, and I've seen those little blowguns before.
- Spaniards enlisted Choco Indians in the counteroffensive with their feared poison-dart blowguns from the Pacific lowlands of Colombia.
- But instead of pouncing on you, the stout yet nimble form leaps clear overhead - knocking the blowgun from your hands and bending it in half in the process.
- She motioned to her sister, who removed a small blowgun from the pouch at her waist.
- The deadly poison ricin was stored, with a blowgun and darts, in a plastic bag in the family room.
- This one is from Cleveland, where two fliers tried to carry on a blowgun with darts and a bullwhip.
- In addition to basketry, river cane is also used to make blowguns for some traditional hunters - who still use the weapons to kill small game, like squirrels - and for tourists, who buy them as souvenirs.
- One drew a small blowgun and fired small, poisoned darts at them.
- Shamans say its very breath has power, and that the sound it utters when it gasps can send poisoned darts flying, as from a blowgun.
- Just before he gets trampled, a gaggle of natives open fire with their blowguns and drop the ape-ette.
- I've hunted successfully with ‘stick’ bows, blowguns, boomerangs, and slingshots.
- They are important to local people, who rely on various species for edible fruits, building materials, even the darts used with blowguns.
- Leite used a blowgun and darts to sedate the dog for an hour while they fitted it with a radio collar and recorded identifying information - male, 18 pounds, slightly bigger than a gray fox.
- Boys are skillful with slingshots and blowguns in hunting small birds.
- Oh well, until I start taking a blowgun to work with some strong tranquilizers, I guess they are just two of the sour points of the job I need to endure.
- She collapsed the blowgun into a tube as long as her hand and put it in her purse.