In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Bluetooth masculine trademark
- Driving that growth was the increasing installation of Bluetooth into mobile phones.
- The key application for Bluetooth is generally notebook to cellular phone connectivity.
- This entry brought to you courtesy of Bluetooth and my mobile phone.
- A high speed urban wireless network based on Bluetooth is launching this week in Manchester.
- Some printers and digital cameras can connect to computers wirelessly using Bluetooth.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.