In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1colorete masculinerubor masculine Mexico River Plate
- From this distance it was impossible to tell whether it was blusher or that colouring that seems to come with a life in the country.
- They also seem to lose all sense of colour as the make up goes on… bright pink lipstick, blue eye shadow and mascara, oodles of blusher and funny coloured hair.
- One of the quickest and most effective ways to give glitz to your looks is to add blusher to your make-up routine.
- The range of natural make-up includes mascara, lip liner, eye shadow and blusher, as well as cosmetic brushes.
- I just knew the five most basic things - compact powder, eye shadow, blusher, eyeliner and lipstick.
- ‘When I do a competition I wear foundation, blusher, lipstick and mascara,’ she said.
- One thug is bound and dressed in lingerie, lipstick and blusher.
- Although I don't wear a huge amount, you'll never see me without blusher and lip-gloss.
- We can give them rhinestones or glitter on the nails, or make-up, which is blusher, eyes and lips.
- Older women tend to over-compensate by putting on too much foundation, blusher and powder.
- I added blusher and eyeshadow.
- She advised Jane to go for a lighter foundation and add colour by using blusher.
- She had just been on holiday so I didn't want to use too much foundation, I mainly used some blusher on her cheeks.
- Make-up is simple - lip gloss, mascara and blusher - but my hair is unruly, so I'm in and out of the hairdressers more times than enough.
- There were tubes of mascara, eyeliner, different shades of eye shadow, blusher and dozens and dozens of lip gloss.
- After applying a light foundation all over the face, smudge a little cream or gel blusher over the cheekbone with a brush or finger.
- She applied eye shadow, mascara, a little bit of blusher, and strawberry lip-gloss to finish the look.
- He recommends a wax or cream formulation for eye pencil, lipstick and cream blusher on the beach.
- I dusted some blusher onto my cheeks and ran a comb through my hair.
- I'd just done it myself - some concealer, tinted moisturiser, blusher, mascara and that was it.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.